Need a little comfort food? This warming dish is just the thing!
1 onion, chopped
3 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons curry powder
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 can low-fat coconut milk
2 bunches asparagus, well washed
Stevia powder to taste
1. Saute the onion in the ghee in a large skillet for 5 minutes.
2. Rinse the chicken breasts and slice diagonally into strips.
3. Add the curry powder, garlic, and 3 tablespoons water to the skillet,
and simmer for 3 more minutes.
4. Add the chicken breasts, stir, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes, then
add the coconut milk and simmer for 20 to 30 more minutes, making
sure that the chicken is covered with liquid.
5. Steam the asparagus.
6. Sweeten the curry with Stevia (or Spenda) to taste.
7. Serve the curry over a bed of asparagus.