Salmon is a terrific source of beneficial omega-3 fatty acids. The distinct flavor of salmon is well complemented by fresh dill and tart lemon juice. Make an extra portion to be used for Salmon Salad next time.
Ingredients for 2 serves
3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1⁄3 cup fresh chopped dill
1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
Pinch of cayenne
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Pinch of black pepper
2 6-ounce salmon fillets (one is for the next recipe on the website)
3⁄4 pound asparagus (1⁄4 pound is for the next recipe on the website)
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Mix the marinade ingredients in a blender.
3. Place the salmon fillets, skin side up, in a glass baking dish, cover
with the marinade, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
4. Bake for 5 minutes, turn the fillets over, and bake for 5 more minutes,
skin side down. Test for doneness by seeing that the fish flakes
easily and is opaque throughout. Save 2 to 3 tablespoons of the
cooked sauce to add to tomorrow’s salad dressing.
5. Fill a deep skillet with 11⁄2 inches of water, bring to a boil, and drop the asparagus in. Simmer for 5 minutes, drain, drizzle avocado oil on top. Add salt and pepper to taste.