Preparing divine dorado fish with vegetables is what this post is all about. In the first recipe I’ll tell you about the amazing taste this sauce gives to the mahimahi, and in the second we’ll learn about the basil vinaigrette for the vegetable marinade. The recipe says “grilling” but I prefer the oven, since it’s healthier, so the pics will be a bit different from what they would have been if I had used the grill, but I vouch for the amazing taste!
Mahimahi always tastes delicious to me, but with this sauce it is absolutely mouthwatering!
2 4-ounce mahimahi fillets
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
1⁄4 cup ghee (clarified butter), melted
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves
2 scallions, chopped
Pinch of cayenne
1. Preheat grill to medium heat.
2. Rub the mahimahi fillets with extra virgin oil. Sprinkle with salt and
3. Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
4. Grill mahimahi fillets for 5 minutes on each side, or until opaque
5. Remove from heat. Place each fillet on a serving plate. Pour sauce
over fillets and serve with Grilled Veggies (see below).
Great with Grilled Mahimahi (see above).
2 eggplant, sliced into rounds
1 onion, cut in quarters
2 zucchini, sliced in rounds
2 red bell peppers, cut in quarters
1 cup olive oil
1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Pinch of cayenne
Salt to taste
Stevia powder or (Splenda) to taste
1. Marinade the veggies in the basil vinaigrette for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F.
3. Place the veggies in a glass baking dish, cover with aluminum foil,
and bake until tender, approximately 20 minutes.
4. Transfer the veggies to a grill and grill for 5 to 10 minutes on each