– There are numerous stretch mark remedies on the market today, with some even claiming that they can make these marks disappear in a few days or weeks. The bad news is that despite their high cost, many of these products don’t even work
– Avoiding stretch marks is a matter of staying hydrated and keeping your skin moisturized.
As their name implies, stretch marks are caused by the sudden stretching of the dermal layer of the skin, such as during pregnancy. They usually appear like small estuaries along the skin. These striations are also called stria or striae gravidarium. Stretch marks are usually seen on your thighs, abdomen, buttocks and sometimes your shoulders. Stretch marks usually go away with time, but if you want to quicken the process, there are numerous natural ways to help you combat the sudden appearance of stretch marks:
• Use Natural Essential Oils. There are numerous available in the market that can help alleviate the appearance of stretch marks. These include lavender, sandalwood, frankincense and tangerine oils.7 Before using these oils, it is recommended that you dilute them in a safe carrier oil or edible oil, at a 2:1 ratio. Note that frankincense oil should not be used during pregnancy and when nursing because it may trigger menstruation and premature labor.
• Rub Aloe Vera on Areas that are susceptible to Stretch Marks. Aloe vera is famous for being a natural remedy for various skin problems because of its moisturizing, cooling and healing qualities. Aloe vera gel is well-known for its anti-inflammatory effects, and constantly using it might help make stretch marks less visible. If you’re planning to use aloe vera on your stretch marks, acquire the gel from fresh of aloe vera stalks and massage it onto the area where the marks are located. Do this twice a day and typically you’ll observe your stretch marks start to lighten.
·Use Lemon Juice. Lemon juice is famous for its bleaching and whitening properties, but it can also boost the amount of collagen the skin produces because of its high amounts of vitamin C. Simply squeeze a large lemon and apply the juice to your stretch marks. Leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes and then wash off with cold water.
• Use Egg Whites. Egg whites contain protein and certain amino acids that can help your skin heal, lightening the appearance of stretch marks. Simply whip two egg whites to a paste-like consistency. Apply this paste to your stretch marks and let it dry. Wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat once a week.